It is a question that Republicans and Democrats, young and old, investors and novices, and basically all Americans with retirement savings plans are pondering: What will the stock markets do during the first 100 days of President Donald J. Trump’s administration?
- The new President’s 1st 100 days in office is usually the so-called “honeymoon period” that the President has with Congress and the public, and can set the tone for what’s to come.
- The markets have already risen substantially after Trump won the Presidency on 11/8/16.
- The Dow quickly rose as much as 7.5% before cooling off over the past few weeks.
- According to Fact-Set (which provides financial information and analytic software for investment professionals) since Election Day, ETF or exchange-traded fund investors have invested nearly $14 billion into the SPDR S&P 500 Trust (an investment fund tracks & follows the S& P 500 index.
- Investors have also placed and another $6.5 billion into the Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund (Which invests in a wide array of diversified financial service firms, ranging from investment management firms to commercial and investment banking.
- History has shown us that the stock market will be fairly good to President Donald Trump, at least in the beginning.
- Since 1953, the S&P 500 has risen an average of 1.6 percent in the first 100 days of a presidency, posting gains 70 percent of the time.
- President Trump takes office during the 2nd longest bull market run in history, (which is approaching 8 years this coming March)
- Since March of 2009 The S&P 500 has risen over 1,300 points.
- After flirting with the 20,000 plateau, the Dow Jones Industrial average has cooled off.
- Some experts are saying that this could be a case where the market rallies briefly, hits those targets, (like the 20,000 mark for the Dow) and then falls, and that volatility may be about to return to the markets.
- Stocks rose more (ahead of Trump’s first day) with the Dow gaining 100 points at the start Friday.
- That stood in stark contrast to Barack Obama‘s swearing-in back in 2009 when the market, (sunken by the financial crisis) , lost about 5.3 percent.
See more from CNBC below.
If you’re worried about the future of your retirement savings then you need to get educated on the exclusive Crash Proof Retirement® System from its creator-Phil Cannella and the company’s CEO- Joann Small. This proprietary system is designed to ensure that your liquidity needs for the future will be met, Safety and security of your savings is out top priority. If and when the market goes up, your accounts can experience gains, but when the market goes down or crashes, your accounts stay even; You never lose a penny of your principal and that’s guaranteed! Get educated on the proprietary Crash Proof Retirement® System at the next Crash Proof event!
There is no cost…No obligation…Just a Crash Proof Education from the creator of the exclusive Crash Proof System-Phil Cannella, and the CEO of Crash Proof Retirement®- Joann Small.
See what you’ll learn at a Crash Proof Retirement® Educational Event. Watch below.